Stampin' Fun with Meredith

Your guide to fun and creative stamping and Stampin' Up! news

8/10/2007

Faux Silk Class Samples

In last weekend's technique class, I also taught the Faux Silk technique. I just love the look of this one. I'm not sure the camera is doing justice to this technique... so if you're local, ask me to take a peek the next time you're by. Here is the one we actually made in class: Stamps: Bud Basics, En Francais, Carte Postal Ink: Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Brocade Blue, Brilliant Blue, Regal Rose, Rose Red Paper: Rose Red (hidden base), Rose Red, Whisper White, Brilliant Blue Accessories: Two way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, both oval punches, Liquid Glue, Tissue Paper, Glue dots Techniques: Faux silk This one has lots of little sparkle accents with the dazzling diamonds glitter. I love the bling, and don't mind that I ALWAYS wind up wearing some of the glitter! As it turns out, I could have just used a Regal Rose card base since you don't see the Rose Red base in the final card... but I wasn't sure what I was going to wind up doing as I designed the card, and I had alread cut and was using the hidden Rose red. The centers of the big flowers have a glue dot applied to the tissue paper, and then the glue dots were sprinkled with dazzling diamonds (DD). The Bonjour sentiment was circled just outside the white part with a two way glue pen and then sprinkled with DD. And these two were additional samples Stamps: Snow Flurries, Many Merry Messages Ink: Brocade Blue, Brilliant Blue Paper: Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Brushed Silver Accessories: Tissue Paper, Liquid glue, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon Techniques: Faux Silk This card was a nice & easy to put together, and I love how simple it is. It is a 3" x 6" card... fun to do a different size. Stamps: Baroque Motifs Ink: Wild Wasabi, Brilliant Blue Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Brilliant Blue, Soft Sky Accessories: Tissue paper, Liquid Glue, Bold Brights Brads Techniques: Faux Silk This panel card was interesting to make. I wanted to try doing the faux silk with a different colored background paper to see how it would look. I used Soft Sky under the tissue paper, and it winds up with a more mottled look than when you mount it on white. I made the whole large panel at once, then cut it up into the three sections. The edges seem to have stuck down fine, but I would be careful handling this card too much since those tissue edges are unprotected after they are cut. Looking back, I probably should have just added an acetate piece over the panels and attached it with the brads in the corners. Happy stamping! Please feel free to ask questions in the comments section. Meredith

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home