Stampin' Fun with Meredith

Your guide to fun and creative stamping and Stampin' Up! news

8/08/2007

Faux Leather Cards

Okay, so this is the card I mentioned in my July 30th post that was an additional sample in class for the Faux Leather look. I was going for the "pleather" very fake leather looking stuff. I thought the card was fun and bright. For my technique class, we created one card using each of the three techniques, a technique card with instructions and a small sample of the technique, and I showed two additional samples using the technique. We had a great turnout and it was a lot of fun! The second sample uses Booglie eyes, these guys are just so darned cute! I wanted to have the faux leather look like the little mummy's bandages. I tore strips of masking tape instead of little pieces. I coated them in white craft ink and tried to dry them with the heat tool.... which wasn't happening very quickly. The masking tape seems to take longer to heat when you're emboss anyhow, and then with using craft ink... it just was taking a while. Since this was in the last hour before class, I gave up after a few minutes and continued with the card. I sponged on some Going Gray ink, then coated with clear embossing powder and embossed. No more issues! The sentiment was added word by word using the Stamp-a-ma-jig so that I could have them in a row instead of top to bottom as the stamp is. Stamps: Booglie Eyes Paper: Basic Grey, Whisper white Ink: Going Grey, Basic Black Marker Accessories: Masking tape, Basic Grey taffeta ribbon, Clear embossing powder, stamp-a-ma-jig

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8/30/2007 05:44:00 PM , Blogger Robin said...

    Meredith, I love your little mummy! A brilliant use for the masking tape technique! I may have to give that one a try at home :)

    Looking forward to seeing your outline alpha projects! Thanks for joining the swap :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home