Stampin' Fun with Meredith

Your guide to fun and creative stamping and Stampin' Up! news

7/27/2007

Getting ready for Swaps

I'm getting ready for a swap! I am so excited... it's been a while since I've participated. This swap was full, but someone had to drop out and they were in search of an angel (a swap angel is someone who can join a swap with very little notice and fill a vacant spot). Here's the finished card: And my table as I do my assembly line stamping!
Stamps: Priceless and En Francais
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Versamark
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Shimmer White
Accessories: Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware, *new* Taffeta ribbon in Whisper White
These cards are very fun to make. I CASE'd the layout from Sharon's gorgeous card here: Sharon's Card and swapped everything out for brand new stuff! I thought the small swirl pattern in the Priceless set would be very cute as stems for the heart "flowers". I used my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up the crutch in the swirl with the point of the hearts. This was done on a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of Shimmer White paper for a little sparkle. The piece was then matted with a 2 5/8" x 3 5/8" piece of Wild Wasabi paper. Slip on a Hardware clip and tie a know with the gorgeous new ribbon. The card base is an 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Soft Sky cardstock, scored at 4 1/4". "Priceless" was inked in Wild Wasabi and stamped into the lower left corner of the base. I was so sad when the French script background stamp was on the retired list since I loved it and used it all of the time... but I have to say I love the new En Francais even more!!! This stamp is just gorgeous. I inked it up in Versamark and stamped it onto a 4 1/4" x 2 5/8" piece of Purely Pomegranate. They adhere all these pieces as shown in the finished picture. Happy stamping! Meredith

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home